Information We may collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide when you use our website jelastic.com (“Our Site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering for our services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem or share a suggestion with our services on Our Site;
- if you contact us telephone or in writing, we may keep a record of that correspondence or communication;
- details of transactions you carry out through Our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders; and
- details of your visits to Our Site and the resources that you access.
IP addresses & cookies
Use of the information collected
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products and/or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- to notify you about changes to our products.
We may contact you by email with information about our products which are similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
When you access Our Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
When you send email or other communication to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you have requested, unless we have your consent to do so.
Disclosure of your information
If we provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf, we information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures, including adequate data protection principles.
We may disclose your information to a third party where we believe that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process (including without limitation subpoenas and court orders), or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- protect against imminent harm to the rights and property of Jelastic Inc., its users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement or used particular product or site functionality. Such information does not identify you individually.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right contacting us using our contact details set out below.
We respect your right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Retention of Your information
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any information collected from you is kept secure and kept for only so long as is necessary for the purpose for which such information is used.
If any of your personal data change or if you have any questions about how we use data collected which relates to you, please use the functionality on Our Site to update your data. If you do this your data will be updated immediately.
Alternatively, you may contact us with any changes to your personal data. We normally update your personal data within seven (7) working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to us, to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to change this Policy. Any changes made will be posted here.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2008-2014 Jelastic. All rights reserved.