Jelastic Inc., the creators of the only zero-code-change cloud hosting platform for Java and PHP applications, announced that a new version of their platform is available and includes many new features, advancements and visible changes.
Jelastic’s fundamentally new approach to Java and PHP hosting means that there is no need to learn custom systems or recode applications in order to deploy. Jelastic is the only PaaS that can run any Java or PHP app with NO limitations or code changes required, and is the only PaaS available through multiple hosting providers, worldwide.
Jelastic 1.9.1 was released in May 2013 and the team has been working hard to add these new features and improvements to version 1.9.2:
- GIT & SVN Auto-deploy: Jelastic users can set immediate or periodical automatic deployment of their projects based on the changes they have committed via GIT/SVN repository and greatly increase their productivity.
- PHP 5.5: In addition to versions 5.3 and 5.4, PHP enthusiasts can now enjoy working with the newest version of PHP and benefit from all of its robust features. Users can change the version of the stack that they are using with a simple selection from the drop-down list.
- FTP and FTPS access to database servers: Jelastic has been providing FTP/FTPS access to application servers for a long time. Now this feature has been expanded to all database servers. Users get an easy and reliable way of file sharing and data transfer to and from their database servers in their Jelastic environments, including local backup files.
- Scheduling MongoDB Database Backups: Now Jelastic users can schedule not only MySQL and MariaDB backups, but also MongoDB ones with just a few clicks.
- Ability to change GC, -Xmx, -Xms. This update gives a user the ability to configure memory settings and set custom parameters for their Java container.
- Ability to deploy PHP projects from GIT repository with submodules/dependencies added. Select the project you need and get everything else retrieved and deployed automatically.
- Ability to assign an internal IP to VDS components. Jelastic VDS is a full-root-access virtual private server that customers can use for any extra components that their applications might need such as backend-servers, console applications, email servers, backup servers. Now users have the ability to assign such servers not only publicly but also with private IP addresses.
- Search box: Users can use this search box right from the dashboard to get the answers to the questions they are most interested in.
Jelastic is the only platform-as-a-service that has been designed for web hosting companies and is already being offered by the best providers in 11 countries around the globe.
Dmitry Sotnikov, Jelastic COO, said, “Every day we listen to the feedback of our web hosting partners and also the members of our ever growing community. In this release, we have implemented so many of the requested features and changes. Some highlights include GIT & SVN Auto-deploy, FTP and FTPS access to database servers, scheduling MongoDB backups, a handy search box and loads more. We are really excited to see how much more productive users can be on our cloud platform.”
As such, Jelastic always takes the needs of web hosting providers into account and the 1.9.2 release is no exception:
- Jelastic Cluster Admin, the backend administration tool for hosters, was improved dramatically: email localization, different groups creation, auto recharge option and application packaging management features simplify provider-side work.
- Hosting providers can set bonus percentages for their users from the first payment if they convert and replenish the account during a specified time.
- High availability of the system was increased by using multiple resolvers, which receive requests simultaneously.
- Billing and SSO integration – APIs have been improved to not only cover full integration for standard off-the-shelf billing systems but also home grown solutions.
- Built-in integration for trial email campaigns.
- Firewall for end users’ containers help to prevent unauthorized SSH access and to defend hosting provider’s data against various brute force or DDoS attacks, rootkits and botnets.
All major software stacks were updated and many supported features were improved in the Jelastic 1.9.2 release. Read more in the Jelastic 1.9.2 Release Notes.
In 2011, Jelastic launched as a PaaS provider for Java applications. In 2013, the company added PHP cloud hosting to their service options. Jelastic has data centers and hosting partners worldwide and 62,000 users on the platform.
Jelastic, Inc., based in Palo Alto, Calif., offers a Java and PHP server hosting platform. Jelastic is the only Platform-as-a Service (PaaS) created specifically for hosting service providers to deploy and make available to developers, application designers and Java and PHP enthusiasts. Jelastic automatically scales applications and allocates server resources, enabling it to deliver true next generation Java and PHP cloud computing. You can learn more about Jelastic or sign-up for the service for free at Jelastic.com.