Palo Alto, California, February 27, 2013 – Two hosting partners of Jelastic Inc., provider of the ultra scalable and interoperable Java and PHP cloud hosting platform of the same name, have begun formally guaranteeing the performance of their tech support operations. The partners, dogado Internet GmBH of Germany and Layershift Limited of the U.K., have introduced Service Level Agreements (SLAs) guaranteeing prompt technical support response times. These policies represent a sharp improvement over the current status quo in the cloud hosting industry.
The partners’ commitments position Jelastic as the superior choice among hosting platform providers. “The need for tech support SLAs is one of the top demands we’ve been hearing from customers,” said Jelastic COO Dmitry Sotnikov. “We’re delighted to see our partners at the cutting edge of the hosting industry in offering such competitive policies.”
Dogado tech support packages come in Standard, Silver, Gold and Platinum versions. The respective versions promise maximum response times to technical issues of from 24 hours to two hours, depending on the severity of the issue and the contracted support level.
Layershift are challenging established cloud hosting industry norms by including their comprehensive SLA at no extra charge, offering full 24×7 support as standard for all ticket severities. The SLA includes a target response time of just 5 minutes for high severity issues, with penalties of up to 10% of the customer’s monthly fees provided if the maximum guaranteed times are not met.
Layershift’s tech support is not only timely, but also critically acclaimed by its customers, earning an impressive favorability rating of 9.7 out of 10 from support ticket ratings.
The tech support operations of both Jelastic partners significantly outperform those of other leading cloud hosting services. PaaS competitors such as Google App Engine, Heroku, and EngineYard charge up to $400 extra per month for their customers to enjoy similar support guarantees, whilst even email support (available for developers) costs extra at Amazon Web Services.
In perspective, the incumbent cloud hosting platforms advertise:
Amazon Web Services
- Even email support (available for developers) costs extra
- Phone support starts at $100 per month or 10 percent of the monthly fee
- Response times for businesses range from one hour to 15 minutes
- Free support during US business hours only, no SLA
- Premium support: $150 per month for 24×7 support, and SLA guaranteeing just 99.9% service availability
Google App Engine
- Bronze support: access to forums, plus billing support only
- Silver support: $150 per month, business hours only, with initial target response time of one business day
- Gold support: $400+ per month for 24×7 support, but outside business hours requires a phone call, and only for Priority 1 or Priority 2 requests. Initial target response time for P1 requests is one hour
- Platinum support: custom priced 24×7 support, but outside business hours still requires a phone call
- Free support during “business hours” only, no SLA
- Quotes for paid support options available only upon request
- Target response time of two business days (silver) or four business hours (gold) for maximum-severity issues
Unlike the competition, Jelastic powers multiple partners around the Globe to offer Jelastic Platform-as-a-Service and differentiate by, among other things, offering technical support and service level agreements superior to those previously accepted in the cloud industry. This ecosystem approach makes sure that Jelastic customers have more choice to select the hosting provider that suits them best. Learn more about Jelastic hosting partners at //jelastic.com/company/partners
Layershift Limited is a global leader in high-quality managed hosting services with infrastructure in the UK, New York, and Singapore. Layershift’s team of virtualization and hosting industry professionals use more than a decade of experience to consistently deliver end-to-end excellence in all aspects of the company, backed by their renowned technical support team achieving exceptionally high customer satisfaction (rated above 97% in Q4 2012). To find out more about Layershift’s Cloud VPS, Jelastic Cloud PaaS, Dedicated Server and Complex Hosting services please visit http://www.layershift.com.
Jelastic, Inc., based in Palo Alto, Calif., offers a Java and PHP server hosting platform for developers and hosting service providers. Jelastic is the only Platform-as-a Service (PaaS) offering designed specifically for hosting service providers to deploy and make available to their customers. Jelastic automatically scales Java and PHP applications and allocates server resources, thus delivering true next generation Java and PHP cloud computing. You can learn more about Jelastic or sign-up for the service for free at Jelastic.com.