DOCKER HOSTING CONTAINERS AS A SERVICE
DEPLOY, RUN AND MANAGE
Zero code change deployment of traditional and cloud-native applications with easy container management via intuitive UI
Automatic vertical and horizontal scaling of containers based on the current application load with with tunable triggers and alerts
Container Types Supported inside Jelastic PaaS
Different container types can be used for various use cases
a stateful, operating system centric solution that can run multiple processes similar to virtual machines. Usually suitable for traditional or monolithic applications, as they allow to host architectures, tools, and configurations implemented for VMs. Available implementations on the market: LXC/LXD, OpenVZ/Virtuozzo, BSD jails, Linux vServer, etc. Jelastic PaaS uses Virtuozzo solution.
a stateless microservice-centric solution that commonly runs a single process inside and is easily scalable horizontally. The most suitable for immutable and ephemeral infrastructures. Available implementations on the market: Docker, containerd, CRI-O, etc. Jelastic PaaS utilizes Docker as the most widely adopted technology for application containers.
In case with Jelastic, Docker technology is running inside system containers within the same kernel. Thus they share OS resources from the host operating system and reduce the consumption. And while being more lightweight than VMs, these nested containers are still highly isolated and secure.
Running Containerized Applications in the Cloud
Advanced features to make containers hosting smooth and scalable
- Deploy from Public and Private Docker Hub Registries
- Integration with Git/SVN and CI/CD tools
- Support of stateful, legacy and microservice applications
- Zero downtime re-deployment and automated updates
- Deployment via “compose up” and “docker stack” commands
- Automatic vertical and horizontal scaling based on load triggers
- Containers auto-discovering and interlinking during scaling
- Sticky load balancing and smart traffic distribution
- Scaling limits for CPU & memory, disk space and I/O usage per container
- Scalable prepackaged cluster for complex Dockerized applications
- High availability across multiple clouds
- Disaster recovery and backups on external cloud
- Multi-region hosting within 100 data centers worldwide
- Live containers migration with no downtimes or vendor lock-in
- Running on bare metal or in VMs from different vendors
- Intuitive UI for self-management
- Advanced configurations through SSH and CLI
- Interactive file manager, built-in stats, logs and load alerts
- Configurable links, environment variables and volumes
- Scripting of repeatable application life cycle tasks
- Collaboration and access control
- Automatic hibernation of idle containers
Pre-Configured Kubernetes Cluster
Production-ready scalable environments for containerized applications
- Easily containerize existing applications and run hyper scalable microservices keeping them resilient to failures
- Provision purpose-driven disposable clusters allowing full ownership and avoiding resource conflicts between development teams
- Get extra savings due to more efficient resource utilization
- Implement CI/CD automation and develop at a higher level of speed in shorter release cycles
Affordable Pricing Based on the Consumption
Pay as you use - not for the limits
The system makes hourly measures how many RAM and CPU inside each container are consumed and requests the payment only for these used resources but not for the limits.
You can set up a maximum Scaling Limit for each container, so the resources will be always available in case of load spikes or other consumption changes. No matter how high the limit - the payment will be only based on real usage. The rest of the allocated resources will be just waiting in the pool for the application to request them, and it is totally free of charge.
Container Management Platform Availability
A wide network of service providers and multi-cloud distribution
Jelastic cooperates with local data centers and global hyper scalers in order to provide container orchestration in public, private, hybrid and multi-cloud deployments. The platform can be hosted on-premise or on top of popular IaaS solutions. Currently, Jelastic is available on the infrastructure of local hosting service providers distributed worldwide. So you can choose a preferable partner based on locations, performance, support or price levels.
Run Containers with Jelastic