Today we’d like to talk about the reasons for developers to choose Jelastic as their cloud hosting platform. After questioning our customers we got three main points that persuaded them that Jelastic is suitable for their needs: fast deployment, easy scaling, and automation in management. Let’s go deeper in details.
Jelastic platform supports a wide range of programming languages (Java, PHP, Ruby, Node.js, .NET, Python), application servers, SQL and NoSQL databases and other software stacks, as well as Docker containers. Developers can deploy and run different applications with no code changes. The deployment can be performed fast and easily using GIT/SVN with automatic updates, archives (zip, war, ear) right from the dev panel or via integrated plugins like Maven, Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ IDEA.
The platform provides automatic vertical and horizontal scaling of applications.
Automatic vertical scaling is a unique feature of Jelastic Cloud. The developers just specify the maximum limit of resources for every instance and the system automatically allocates the needed amount. To get the discount, there can be reserved some fixed number of resources that are consumed by the application on a permanent base. The resources of RAM and CPU are sliced with granular units (cloudlet - 128MiB and 400MHz), so there is no need to reserve more that it is really required.
By setting up the specific triggers you can add or remove the instances in the environment during load spikes or when the application is not overloaded. The traffic is evenly distributed with load balancer across multiple servers.
Jelastic offers a self-service portal with user-friendly UI. Developers dashboard includes intuitive application topology wizard, deployment manager, access to log and config files, marketplace with prepackaged applications and functionality for team collaboration.
And Jelastic API is open for automation of the processes.
Jelastic automates IT work so developers can concentrate on their core competency. Developers get a cloud platform that runs and scales any application with no code changes required offering the following features:
- Easy creation of dev, test, production environments
- Fast setup of clustered and highly available applications
- Support of microservices and legacy applications
- Automatic vertical and horizontal scaling
- Zero downtime deployment with automated traffic distribution
- Out-of-the-box TCP and HTTP(S) load balancing
- Free and custom SSL certificates
- Ability to hibernate, stop, restart, clone applications
- Integrated CI and CD tools for automation
- Built-in monitoring of RAM, CPU, network, storage, IO with alert notifications
- Log viewer and config manager within native dashboard
- Sharing environment and account collaboration with different access levels
- Application management via UI, SSH, API and CLI
- Deployment via GIT, SVN, FTP and SFTP
- Ability to use different hardware or clouds within single portal
- Integrated IDE Plugins: IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, NetBeans
- Virtual Private Servers (VPS) powered by CentOS, Ubuntu and others
- Marketplace with a rich set of preconfigured applications for one click installation
- Wide choice of ready to go certified application container stacks
- Docker containers support with integrated public and private hub registry
- No vendor lock-in with import/export feature and zero code changes
Hosted in 48 Data Centres
Rather often people are asking about the location of Jelastic data centers and on what hardware we are running. Jelastic is offered in 30 countries worldwide in more than 48 data centers of our hosting partners or on premise. We do not provide our own hardware and this lets us concentrate on the development and constant improvement of software. As well, this provides wider choice for our customers according to performance, location and support level. Here you can see the list of all available locations with filters due to various aspects https://jelastic.cloud/
Some of our hosting partners offer several hardware regions within a single Jelastic panel so you can distribute the workloads of application across several locations.
In contrast to the majority of other cloud hosting vendors, Jelastic provides a truly user-oriented Pay-per-Use charging approach. With automatic scaling you can allocate exactly the needed amount of resources with no need to reserve extra capacity.
Resources are charged on hourly base:
- RAM and CPU (cloudlet resource unit)
- Disk space
- External traffic
- Public IP
- Jelastic SSL
The price for each resource unit depends on the chosen hosting provider and can be estimated on a monthly, daily or hourly base within dev panel. You can track and optimize your cloud hosting expenses with built-in billing details for whole account or specific application. See how to tune the spendings in the video below:
Find more answers on frequently asked questions and start your free trial at our developers page. Please share your feedback what problems you’ve already solved with Jelastic cloud platform and what other features are needed to meet your requirements.