Why ISVs and Enterprises Install Jelastic Private Cloud PaaS for Internal Development?
Recently we’ve highlighted the reasons why Jelastic Public Cloud is chosen by developers worldwide. And today, based on the feedback of our Private Cloud customers, we’d like to summarize what exactly attracts ISVs and enterprises in our platform and what benefits persuade them to install Jelastic PaaS on premise for their internal needs.
Full Control of Application Delivery
One of the main reasons to choose a private cloud is the possibility to control all the processes internally and have all data kept secret. In addition, Jelastic is a multi-task cloud application platform that helps to manage the processes of development and admin teams on PaaS and IaaS layers providing:
- Automated continuous integration and delivery throughout the application pipeline
- Data security within on-premise or VPC installation
- Automatic vertical and horizontal scaling
- High availability on application and hardware levels
- In-house management with self-service portals for dev and ops
“Control over our environment, not limited like other PaaS. Besides, Jelastic is easy to use, setup and maintain,” Kerby Arion Martino, Dotweblabs.
Free Developers from Admin Tasks
“I can focus on development and the tasks of the company. Hosting, scaling, and management of the whole application stack are easy with Jelastic and I save a lot of time,” Falk Wolsky, Mapegy.
Developers can concentrate on their core competency using all the built-in functionality and a wide range of features within the platform:
- Easy creation of dev, test, production environments
- Automatic vertical and horizontal scaling
- Integrated CI and CD tools for automation
- Application management via UI, SSH, API and CLI
- Zero downtime deployment with automated traffic distribution
- Built-in monitoring of RAM, CPU, network, storage, IO with alert notifications
- Log viewer, file and config manager within native dashboard
- Sharing environment and account collaboration with different access levels
- Deployment via GIT, SVN, FTP and SFTP
- Integrated IDE Plugins: IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, NetBeans
- Fast setup of clustered and highly available applications
- Docker containers support with integrated public and private hub registry
- Virtual Private Servers (VPS) powered by CentOS, Ubuntu and others
- Marketplace with a rich set of preconfigured applications for one click installation
- Wide choice of ready to go certified application container stacks
“The integration of our development tools with Jelastic platform gives us a quantum leap in the improvement of safety related processes and software quality,” Miguel Hormigo, GMV Secure e-Solutions.
Manage Infrastructure and Application Lifecycle
Ops processes are also automated with monitoring and troubleshooting tools so the admins can work on more complex tasks being free from routine:
- Infrastructure load monitoring and system settings
- Ability to use different hardware or clouds within single portal
- Memory deduplication mechanism for better density and utilization rate
- Anti-affinity distribution of environment containers
- Hardware tiering to multiple regions
- Management of external and internal IP ranges
- Resource consumption tracking tools within portal
- Ability to hibernate, stop, restart, clone applications
- Manage available stack templates for developers
- Live migration across hardware regions
- Audit of user actions and troubleshooting functionality
- Automation for releasing unused resources
“The main benefit for us is that the applications are no longer sharing the same resources, one site getting hammered no longer slows down everything else. Also earlier we’d have to pay for a pretty beefy server to be able to handle the big loads, now we just go in, pull a slider to set scaling limits and don’t worry about performance,” Fredrik Larsson, Dempsey.
Extend Private Cloud with External Resources
There is a possibility to mix and match different infrastructure and cloud offerings within one cluster. Jelastic is compatible with different Cloud IaaS solutions (as Azure, IBM Cloud, AWS) or can be installed on bare metal. So if required, the private cloud installation can be easily extended with external resources that are going to be managed within a single panel.
License-Based Pricing Model
Jelastic Private Cloud is provided on a license base that is pretty cost effective for large-scale installations. The monthly license cost is $150 per server and already includes 24/7 support. The customers can test the system during a free trial period on Jelastic demo stand. Then they proceed to the installation on their own capacity for a one-time fee that depends on the cluster complexity. If required, Jelastic team can offer already proven appliances on infrastructure of Packet, ProfitBricks and other vendors.Every client is provided with a dedicated project manager that leads the process from installation and throughout all the project lifecycle. Jelastic Ops team performs the installation and all the required configurations. After that, a full access is provided to the customer.Jelastic team can help with specific customization and automation of the projects, providing the following set of additional paid services:
- Migration from VM to Containers
- Integration of custom services
- Implementing a CI/CD pipeline
- DevOps consultancies
- Migration across clouds
- Multi-cloud configuration
“Support is very fast and solves any problem within a short period of time. The positive experience with Jelastic support was one of the most important decision-making points for choosing Jelastic as a PaaS for our Application platform,” Falk Wolsky, Mapegy.
Ready to try Jelastic Private Cloud Platform for your application? Contact us providing details about your project and we’ll offer you the most suitable cloud option.