TYPO3 is an enterprise-class, Open Source CMS (Content Management System), used internationally to build and manage websites of all types, from small sites for non-profits to multilingual enterprise solutions for large corporations. The main benefit of using a Content Management System should be to separate web layout and content. This makes it possible to add pages, content, images and documents to a website without knowing much about web layout and HTML. A correctly integrated TYPO3 template makes it possible and draws a clear line between editor and integrator.
- Free open source CMS and feature rich.
- Virtually any type of website can be developed with TYPO3 CMS, from e-Commerce sites, web portal to informational websites.
- Highly customizable and expandable. There are large numbers of extensions available for TYPO3.
- Established and secure. There are more than 122 servers with TYPO3 (source: TYPO3.COM).
- Ideal solution for the advanced management of website as it allows a refined log in for users and administrators of the website.
- Effective graphics and content management.
So let's deploy this great CMS to the Jelastic cloud! Here's how:
Create an environment
1. Log in to Jelastic Manager.
2. While in Jelastic dashboard, click the Create environment button at the top left.
3. Pick Apache application server, PHP v5.4 and MySQL (or MariaDB) database. Specify your cloudlet limits and name of your environment (for example, typo3). Click Create.
Wait just a minute for your environment to be created.
1. Visit the official TYPO3 web-site to download the latest TYPO3 CMS version as a zip package (the downloading will start automatically).
2. Using the Deployment manager upload the package you have just downloaded.
3. Once the package is in Jelastic, deploy it to the environment you have just created.
1. Click Open in browser button next to the Apache node.
2. The Typo3 installation will be started. Click Continue.
3. In the Connect to your database host window choose the MySQL/MySQLi driver and fill in the Username and Password fields with credentials to your database (you would have received them via email while creating the environment). Put database server address in the Host field and click Continue button.
4. Then specify the name of a new database (for example, typo3) and click Continue button.
5. In the next window choose the Introduction package. Click Continue.
6. The installation will be started. Wait a few minutes for its completion.
7. Finally, enter the password for access to TYPO3 Admin Panel and choose the color of TYPO3 main page.
8. Congratulations! The TYPO3 was installed. Click Go to your Website button.
9. Now you can see a default main page. Click Log into TYPO3.
10. Just enter your login and password (which you've stated in the 7th step) and click Login. Your admin page will be opened.
We hope you found this useful. TYPO3 is versatile and can be used to create a simple website as well as an advanced portal with all kinds of content!