Press Release: MariaDB now available as a hosted database via Jelastic cloud platform
This is a fantastic news which we wanted to share with all of you. Jelastic partnered with Monty Widenius – the main author of the original version of MySQL database – and his team which is now working on a better newer (yet fully compatible with MySQL) – MariaDB – and is now offering MariaDB database as a service in Jelastic.
Even better – Jelastic and MariaDB throughout the current beta period are absolutely free.
So if you have a Java application which uses database, and you want to try MariaDB – now is the time:
- Go to Jelastic.com,
- Select a configuration which includes MariaDB as the database,
- Type in your email address and click Sign In.
You will get free hosted environment with Java application server of your choice and MariaDB, running in the cloud and managed for you – all absolutely free.
Try it now!
Oh, and here’s the press-release:
MariaDB now available as a hosted database via Jelastic cloud platform
Jelastic is the next generation of Java Platforms as a Service.
Unlike previous cloud platforms, Jelastic:
- Can run any Java application and so does not require developers to change their code or get locked-into the platform,
- Can scale any application up and down by automatically adding or removing memory and CPU units depending on the application load,
- Takes all configuration and management worries away: developers simply specify the application stack and database options they need and Jelastic creates, configures, and maintains the environment for them
- Supports a wide range of application server stacks including Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty, and GlassFish
- Out of the box, allows users to get a preconfigured instance of MariaDB up and running and available to the application.
A beta version of Jelastic is available at https://jelastic.com and it is free throughout the beta program including the use of MariaDB.
You can see videos, read more, and deploy your Java applications in Jelastic today at https://jelastic.com.
Monty Widenius – founder of MySQL and creator of MariaDB: “It is now even easier to get started with MariaDB. Jelastic lets any Java developer simply upload a Java WAR package, pick MariaDB in the Jelastic environment configuration, and get the best database out there up and running. Java has just received its next generation of Platform-as-a-Service system and it is great that MariaDB is a part of it.”
Hivext CEO Ruslan Synytskyy: “We are excited to have MariaDB available as a storage option in Jelastic. Full compatibility with MySQL and much improved perfomance, scalability, and feature-set give our customers a state-of-the-art database to suit their application needs.”
MariaDB strives to be the logical choice for database professionals looking for a robust, scalable, and reliable RDBMS (Relational Database Management System). MariaDB can be deployed as a drop-in replacement for the popular MySQL database and it is built by some of the original authors of MySQL with assistance from the broader community of Free and open source software developers. In addition to the core functionality of MySQL, MariaDB offers a rich set of feature enhancements including alternate storage engines, server optimizations, and security and performance patches. More information on MariaDB is available at https://mariadb.org and https://mariadb.com/kb.
About Hivext Technologies:
Hivext Technologies is the creator of Jelastic – Java platform as a service which runs a vast variety of Java application stacks, SQL and NoSQL databases, and can automatically vertically scale up and down any Java application. Jelastic is available as a service for Java developers at https://jelastic.com, and as a package for hosting providers wishing to add Java hosting to their portfolio. Learn more at https://jelastic.com