We have great news for you: Jelastic now supports Play framework! Thanks to all of our active users, this great feature is now available in Jelastic PaaS. Play! is one of the most popular frameworks out there. It is written in Java and helps developer build Web application more easily with Java and Scala.
So let’s get to it. Let’s deploy your Play! application to Jelastic right now!
1. Create the environment
1. Go to jelastic.com and sign up if you haven’t done so yet, or log in with your Jelastic credentials by clicking the Sign In link on the page.
2. Ask Jelastic to create a new environment.
3. In the Environment Topology window, pick your application server (for example, Tomcat 6) and the database you want to use (for example MySQL). Then type your environment name, for example, playframework.
It will take just a minute for your environment to be created.
2. Configure database
1. Click the Open in browser button for MySQL.
2. When you created your environment, Jelastic sent you an email with credentials to the database. Create a user account and the database using these credentials.
Don’t forget to upload MySQL connector to the lib folder and restart Tomcat!
3. Run Play framework using command line (C:play on Windows,~/play on Linux):
4. Install Jelastic’s module on Play:
...play-1.2.4>play install jelastic
5. Once the module is successfully installed create a new application with Jelastic support:
...play-1.2.4>play new jelasticapp --with=jelastic
6. Once your application is created change the application.conf file of your project (play-1.2.4jelasticappconfig). Uncomment the part of file which includes Jelastic Account configuration and change all the required strings to the following: