It's been a huge week here at Jelastic. With upgrades, new integrations and recovering from World Hosting Days. We have a pretty short and sweet newsletter (if you don't count all the cool updates) this week, so let's go to it!
- You now have much faster and also more stable stats collection on your resource consumption
- We improved the CPU calculations for more accurate readings
- The javaagent parameter is now available to you
- A totally new pool manager is now running, increasing the speed of environment creation, as well as improving stability of those environments
- And a number of templates were updated:
- PostgreSQL was updated to 8.4.1
- MariaDB was updated to 5.2.10
- MongoDB was updated to 2.0.2
- And MySQL was updated to 5.5
- The first thing you will notice is that now you see the logo of your hosting provider as soon as you log in and in your dashboard
- New icons showing HDD usage for each container within an environment
- HDD usage is tracked and displayed conveniently within your Statistics
- You can now use Jelastic in 4 languages (English, German, Japanese and Russian), and change it on the fly
- New environment topology output: environment type, along with updated icons and smoothing
- A new "Report Bug" button that allows you to reach support directly with all the necessary technical data attached to your report
- Updates within the Environment Creating Wizard:
- Total redesign: this is probably the first thing you will notice that has a DRAMATIC change -- better layout, better icons and widgets and more options
- Vertical scaling is now available to be set separately for each kind of container
- Interactive tips and helps
- No timeout errors generated by your browser when creating environments that take over 10 minutes, like with GlassFish
Razuna is a pretty cool DAM system. If you are wondering why why we are throwing "DAM" around... DAM stands for something. I know we already have to many acronyms, but this one is pretty cool when you use Razuna. DAM stands for digital asset management, and Razuna does a killer job of it.
If you want to deploy it quickly and easily, Jelastic is your answer. All you need to do is create yourself a Tomcat environment and then head over to Razuna.org and pick up the WAR for it.
Then, it's as easy as: Upload and Deploy.
If you want to check out a more detailed how-to on it. Go here: How to Deploy Razuna to Jelastic in less than 2 minutes!
More Cool Stuff
- Updated stats on everything in Jelastic for March: who would have thought that Java 7 would be picked up faster in Europe than the US?
- Why people in IT have so much time on their hands...
If you have any questions over the updates, or having any issues, please let us know. You can reach us for support at Support@Jelastic or with more general questions at Info@Jelastic.com.
Don't Forget to Connect with us!
Check out our 2 minute tutorial videos.
Go to Jelastic now and move your apps to the cloud!
Thank you so much for using Jelastic. We appreciate your support and are working hard to make sure that Jelastic is and continues to be the best answer to putting Java apps in the Cloud. If you have any questions, you can use the links below to reach our or try our support forums.
Judah Johns, Chief Evangelist @ Jelestic, Inc.