This guide is intended to help with smooth migration of WordPress websites to Jelastic PaaS using pre-configured WordPress packages available in the marketplace. Follow the simple steps to make migration flow painless and secure.
3. Output just generated public key with the command:
After that, add public key to the WordPress environment by pasting it from the clipboard.
4. Go to the admin panel of the source WordPress website. Find, install and activate Migrate Guru plugin.
- Destination Site URL is a link to a new WordPress site (custom domain or default one provided by Jelastic after environment creation). As for our example, we have a domain: wordpress.my-jelastic-paas.jele.site.
- SFTP protocol to ensure secure migration.
- Destination Server IP/FTP Address and Port can be taken from the Host and Port fields at the Jelastic dashboard SSH access section.
- FTP Username should be taken from the respective field with automatically generated Username which is 70-2 in our example.
- SSH Key is a private RSA key you've generated at step 2. You can select and copy it from file .ssh/id_rsa of the user’s home directory via the terminal with Ctrl+Shift+С (or Cmd + C) shortcut at the destination environment.
- Directory Path is a path where the WordPress application is installed. In Jelastic this is /var/www/webroot/ROOT/ directory.
That’s all! Enjoy your WordPress site performance and availability powered by Jelastic PaaS across a wide network of service providers worldwide. If your case requires a custom solution or you need assistance while migration, contact our support.