Liferay is a Digital Experience Platform that helps to build strong relationships and handle complex scenarios via customer and partner portals, unify new and existing systems into one powerful platform, create personalized web experiences to attract and retain customers, as well as equip the team with modern tools to accelerate time-to-market.
In this article, you’ll find out how to deploy and run Liferay portal using pre-configured package from Jelastic PaaS. The installation is fully automated, as well as performed inside isolated containers with Tomcat application server and master-master MySQL databases.
Master-master MySQL database replication topology provides additional benefits, such as quick response to the requests and high availability with DNS round-robin load balancing for even workload distribution among all of the database nodes.
Let’s examine how to get Liferay platform up and running in the scalable cloud.
Liferay DXP Automatic Installation
1. To get started, log in to the Jelastic dashboard, find the Liferay package in the Marketplace and click Install.
2. If required, change the Environment Name, Display Name, Region and click Install.
Now you have ready-to-use Liferay application with the following topology:
Liferay Portal Setup
1. Once the installation is completed, you can open the Liferay admin panel by pressing Open in Browser button.
2. If required, change the Portal Name, Default Language and ADMINISTRATOR USER details. You can also do it later in the Account Settings section.
Click on Finish Configuration.
3. You’ll be asked to restart the Portal that actually means you have to restart the application server.
So go back to the Jelastic dashboard and press the Restart Nodes button.
4. Finally, just refresh the Liferay portal web page and you’ll see a Welcome page.
5. Follow the Sing In link and update an ADMINISTRATOR USER account to start using your Liferay platform.
6. During the first login, specify the email address provided for ADMINISTRATOR USER and the default password “test” that should be changed after initial access.
That’s all! Now you have your own Liferay Digital Experience Platform with database failover capabilities, automatic scaling and excellent performance. Register and try it out with Jelastic PaaS at one of the globally available service providers.