Today we released an update to our Platform-as-Infrastructure (PaI) solution. The new version (1.9.3) adds scalability, security and performance features for both enterprises and hosting service providers. We were also profiled by leading IT analyst firm IDC, in a new report “Jelastic’s Private Cloud PaaS Gains Momentum with Hosters,” which finds Jelastic to be well positioned for the future as the current technologies of Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) converge.
Below is an excerpt from the press release:
Jelastic Platform-as-Infrastructure 1.9.3 Release
Jelastic’s new version of Platform-as-Infrastructure delivers key features for enterprises and Hosting Service providers, focusing on application scalability, security and performance. This new functionality includes:
- New garbage collection features that ensure optimal application performance and maximum density
- PHP performance optimization that increases application performance up to 40%
- Automatic scaling of PHP workers to scaling limits
- New database and application access security features
- New billing features for enterprise clouds and additional billing system support for hosting service providers
IDC also outlined eight critical questions that enterprises should ask to better understand their specific requirements and make informed buying decisions before moving to the cloud. These questions, which cover cloud deployment models, application development needs and other key evaluation factors are available at https://jelastic.com/resources/whitepapers/download/.
Read the full release here and the 1.9.3 release notes here.