Jelastic New Billing System: Parallels Business Automation Standard
We have already told you that out-of-the-box integration with the Parallels Billing Automation Standard (PBAS) is a part of our latest release. With PBAS, a fully integrated billing and hosting automation system for managing and scaling small and medium-size web hosting businesses, Jelastic automates most of the time-consuming management tasks for hosters and provides you with the ability to manage your billing directly from the Jelastic dashboard. Your bills can be paid directly from Jelastic?s dashboard, which is highly convenient. The system offers an auto-recharge option, billing history and many other useful features for you. We keep working on improving the billing experience and with one hosting company – Layershift – it is now like described in the instruction below. We will be gradually making this improved integrated billing experience available with our other hosting partners too.
The step-by-step tutorial below shows you how to convert and refill your account if your hosting provider uses PBAS (Parallels Business Automation Standard) system.
1. At the dashboard click the button Upgrade trial account in the drop-down menu.
2. Fill out the required fields in the opened window and confirm your agreement with Terms of service. Click Next.
3. Select the payment method (Credit/Debit card or Paypal) and state the sum using the slider. Click Next and then confirm your choice.
- If you choose a card as payment method:
Enter your card details and click Proceed.
After that Purchase Authentication window will be opened. Enter the password for full authentication.
- If you choose PayPal as a payment method:
During this payment you have the option to create an agreement so that future service renewals can be charged automatically to your PayPal account.
The following settings will limit the agreement by date and total cumulative value. The maximum values allowed by PayPal are entered for you but may be reduced if desired.
After these values are exceeded you cannot make additional payments via this agreement and will need to create a new one You must tick the Preapprove future payments check box on the PayPal page to create the agreement. If you only want to submit a single manual payment you can ignore the settings above (and check box) and no payment agreement will be created.
Click Continue to PayPal and Log in to your PayPal account to complete this purchase.
After conversion you’ll get emails with information about the state of your account converting and refilling. Also such information will appear in the message at the dashboard.
1. If you need to replenish your account click Balance > Refill balance. State the sum using slider and click Submit Payment.
- If you use a card as payment method
Enter card details and click Proceed. Then enter the password for full authentication.
Note: If you have already refilled account with this card earlier you won’t need to enter card details one more time. You just need to confirm refilling and that’s all.
- If you use PayPal as payment method:
Make the settings for payment agreement if needed. Log in to your PayPal account and complete the purchase.
After replenishment you’ll get emails with information about the state of your account refilling. Also such information will appear in the message at the dashboard.
2. Also you can set auto-refill due to your demands. Click Configure auto-refill button in the drop-down menu.
In the opened tab specify the amount you want to put on your account.
Choose the frequency of refilling:
- weekly (every Monday);
- monthly (1st of each month);
- when balance less than the stated sum (up to your choice).
Confirm your choice.
If you want to switch off Auto refill click the link to disable it.
3. Using Payment methods button in the drop-down list you can choose your default payment method which will be used automatically while refilling.
4. Click View invoices to open Parallels Business Automation Control Panel with your Billing history which includes all financial documents issued for your Account (namely, Invoices, Orders, Payments, and Adjustments).
5. Click Billing history to view the data about consuming the resources of your balance by Jelastic.
That’s all for today! Stay tuned to our blog to keep in touch with our news!