Jelastic, an innovative multi-cloud software company, today announced a partnership with DigitalOcean to offer development teams a simplified launch of a private Platform-as-a-Service with easy container provisioning, project scaling and application management. The released offering provides a lightweight edition of Jelastic PaaS on top of DigitalOcean infrastructure to help customers more easily deploy and manage cloud-native applications, while lowering costs.
This turnkey solution includes a wide set of tools and functionality required by the IT departments for management of cloud-native and legacy applications. ISVs can use the platform to move from traditional software licensing approach to as-a-service model. Also, it is a ready to go PaaS engine for launching own cloud services in a specific niche. Digital agencies will benefit from the automation of scaling, clustering and integrated CI/CD tools in order to provide their customers with fast updates and decrease internal efforts on maintenance. E-commerce projects get pre-configured clustered packages to achieve high availability and scaling on demand during load peaks with no need for complex manual configurations.
Jelastic PaaS Lite Edition (LE) now can be automatically deployed as a private cloud on cost-efficient VMs from DigitalOcean. This cutting-edge cloud platform provides a full access to the developer dashboard and admin panel of the whole cluster with a wide range of features:
- Management of multiple Droplets and regions within a single admin panel
- Superb developer web portal for easy environment provisioning, scaling and updates
- Automatic vertical and horizontal scaling according to the applications load
- Automated clustering and replication for application servers and databases
- Quotas and access policies assignment to different user groups for secure and productive team collaboration
- Integration with Git, SVN & Continuous Integration services
- More than 50 pre-configured certified containers for Java, PHP, Node.js, Ruby, Python, Go environments with out-of-box upgrades
- Platform customization and whitelabeling
- Auto-scalable clusters of WordPress, Magento, MySQL/MariaDB and other advanced packages available for one-click installation from built-in Marketplace
- Auto-scalable Kubernetes clusters and Docker containers support
- Open API, CLI and SSH access for deeper containers management
- Built-in metering, monitoring and troubleshooting tools
“By combining the power of Jelastic PaaS with DigitalOcean’s cloud, development teams can significantly reduce the infrastructure costs and eliminate management complexity at different stages of application lifecycle. In addition, the released solution extends the choice of PaaS offerings for IT companies on the multi-cloud market,” said Ihor Kolodyuk, Jelastic VP of Technology.
The licensing depends on the type and number of Droplets connected to Jelastic PaaS LE. The recommended infrastructure requirements for initial setup of the cluster are 100 GB disk space, 8 GB RAM, and 4 CPU cores. However, based on the needs, there can be selected droplets of various capacities:
- 4 GB RAM (minimum requirement) - suitable for initial testing
- 8 GB RAM - appropriate for small projects
- 16GB+ RAM - recommended for production and large size development environments
The Droplet type can be chosen during the installation steps using a convenient DigitalOcean wizard. And the number of droplets can be easily increased via intuitive Jelastic admin panel or using simple command lines.
"With more developers as well as small and midsized businesses turning to apps to power their projects, our goal is to make app creation and management easier from start to finish," said Apurva Joshi, DigitalOcean VP Product. “Jelastic’s PaaS offering on DigitalOcean automates creation, scaling, clustering and security updates, enabling developers to spend less time worrying about infrastructure, and more time managing their applications.”
Currently, Jelastic PaaS Lite Edition goes with a free beta license that allows to run up to 10 nodes (max 64 GB RAM each) paying only for consumed infrastructure.
Get the installation of the Jelastic PaaS on DigitalOcean from the marketplace with pre-configured applications and solutions.