How to deploy your Spring application to Jelastic cloud
Spring is one of the most popular open source application development frameworks for enterprise Java applications. Millions of developers use Spring to create high performing, easily testable, reusable code without any lock-in.
Let’s deploy your Spring application to the Jelastic cloud. It will only take about three minutes.
1. Create an application
In this tutorial we use NetBeans IDE to create a simple Hello application, but you can create your Spring project in any way you like.
- Run NetBeans IDE and create a new Java Web Application: choose the type of the project, specify the name and the path to your project, pick your application server (for example Tomcat 7) and select Spring as the framework you want to use.
- NetBeans will show the path to the WAR file, you have just created.
2. Create an environment
- Go to jelastic.com and sign up if you haven’t done so yet, or log in with your Jelastic credentials by clicking the Sign In link on the page.
- While in Jelastic dashboard, click the Create environment button at the top left:
- Pick your application server (for example, Tomcat 7) and specify your environment name, for example, springtest.
Wait just a minute for your environment to be created.
3. Deploy an application
- Upload your Java package to the Deployment manager.
- Once the package is in Jelastic, deploy it to the environment you created earlier.
That’s all! Now you can open your Spring application in a browser.