How to Deploy Walrus CMS to Jelastic Cloud
Today we want to show you how to deploy Walrus CMS, one of the 10 Most Popular Java Based CMS. It’s easy to use its intuitive edit-in-place Java based content management system. What makes Walrus stand out is that it does not have a separate administration interface: you edit your content just by point-and-click and drag-and-drop. It is built on the Spring framework, employs lightweight and clean architecture, making it easily extendible. Walrus supports several websites on one installation, is easily skinnable and has undo/redo functionality.
Let’s get started!
Create the environment
1. Go to jelastic.com and sign up if you haven’t done it yet or log in with your Jelastic credentials by clicking the Sign In link on the page.
2. Ask Jelastic to create a new environment.
3. Pick Tomcat 6 as your application server, set the cloudlets limit and type the name of the environment, for example, walrus. Then click Create.
Wait just a minute for your environment to be created.
1. Go to the Walrus web site, click on Download now and download the latest Walrus release.
2. Extract the files from the package you have just downloaded.
3. Create a .WAR file from walrus folder (walrus-jetty-x.x.x/walrus-jetty/walrus) contents (just put the contents of the walrus folder to another zip archive file, for example walrus.zip, and rename it to walrus.war or any name with the .war extension).
4. Upload your Java package to the Deployment manager.
5. Once the package is in Jelastic, deploy it to the environment you have created earlier.
Now you can open your application in a web browser and enjoy!
BTW the default credentials are admin/admin.