How to Deploy Drupal to Jelastic Cloud
Drupal is an open source content management platform powering millions of websites and applications. It is a free software package that allows you to easily organize, manage and publish your content, with an endless variety of customization. Drupal is open source software maintained and developed by a community of 630,000+ users and developers. Anyone is free to download it and share it with others. You can use Drupal to build everything from personal blogs to enterprise applications. Thousands of add-on modules and designs let you build any site you can imagine.
Drupal aims to provide slim, powerful core that can be readily extended through custom modules. High quality, elegant, documented code is a priority over roughed-in functionality. It supports established and emerging standards. To ensure excellent performance, Drupal puts a premium on low-profile coding (for example, minimizing database queries). This CMS aims for a high standard of usability for developers, administrators, and users.
Let’s deploy this great app to Jelastic cloud right now. It’s pretty easy, just follow a few simple steps below.
Create an environment
1. Log in to Jelastic Manager
2. While in Jelastic dashboard, click the Create environment button at the top left.
3. Pick Apache application server, PHP v5.3 and MySQL (or MariaDB) database.
In a minute your environment with both Apache and MySQL will be created and appear in the environment list.
4. Click Config button for your Apache server
5. Navigate to etc folder and open php.ini file.
6. Add extension=gd.so line after extension=mysql.so
7. Save the changes and restart the node.
Upload the application
1. Go to the official Drupal web-site and download .zip archive. For that just click Download Drupal button and choose the appropriate version in the opened window.
2. Upload this .zip archive to the Deployment manager.
3. Once the package is in Jelastic, deploy it to the environment you have just created.
1. Once the deployment is finished, click Open in browser button for MySQL node.
2. When you created the environment, Jelastic sent you an email with credentials to the database. Create the user and the database with the application using these credentials.
1. Click the Open in browser button for your environment.
2. Process of installation is rather simple, but let’s pay more attention to the database connection. Fill in the required fields in the following way:
- choose Database Type: MySQL, MariaDB, or equivalent
- type Database name (which you’ve entered while creating database)
- type Database Username (your database user)
- type Database Password (which you’ve specified when created the database user)
- state Database Host (insert the link to your database without “http:// ” and “/”)
- Click Save and Continue button
3. Fill in the last form of installation.
That’s all! Enjoy!
Drupal is the perfect choice for large Enterprise websites with high traffic and now you can use it to easily manage every aspect of your website, from adding content and images to updating a product catalogue, processing credit card payments or taking online reservations right in the cloud.