Gigaom Webinar: Turnkey IaaS and PaaS: Business Benefits of Build vs. Buy
Jelastic CEO, John Derrick is a featured panelist in a webinar on July 22nd at 5:00:00 PM UTC.
Open source platforms such as OpenStack, OpenShift, and Cloud Foundry have emerged as the best and brightest platforms for networking, data storage, compute horsepower, and secure distributed infrastructure needs of enterprises big and small. These tools provide tremendous flexibility through the power of open source innovation and their respective communities.
The overriding reason for using open source is to avoid vendor lock-in. Most businesses that are lured to open source don’t realize that there are almost 500 knobs that need to be tuned and set in place to build an open source -based IaaS and PaaS solutions. Furthermore, most companies do not have the technical expertise and resources to build open source clouds. With the complexities and resource intensive nature of open source and the reality that Cloud Foundry projects are too far out, production-ready options that provide a much higher return on investment (ROI) are an attractive alternative. CIOs like the less capital intensive nature of the no-compromise turnkey approach.
This webinar will highlight the benefits of utilizing short-term and turnkey options for leveraging IaaS and PaaS solutions as well as the pros and cons of build versus buy decision when building infrastructure.
Questions to address:
- What are the benefits and ROI of a turnkey IaaS and PaaS solution?
- What are the ideal use cases for utilizing a production-ready IaaS and PaaS solution?
- What are the key issues faced by enterprises who build and maintain their own infrastructure utilizing open source technologies?
- What are the cost considerations associated with building and maintaining an open source-based infrastructure?
- What can businesses learn from early adopters in the space?
- What are the cost considerations associated with building your OpenStack, OpenShift, or Cloud Foundry platform?
- What systemic qualities to look for in your provider of IaaS & PaaS solution?
- Why vendor lock-in should be a key requirement when selecting your IaaS & PaaS solution?
July 22, 2014 at 5:00:00 PM UTC