Cyclos in the cloud: step-by-step tutorial
We’ve shared with you detailed instructions on how to deploy a number of popular Java applications to the Jelastic cloud. Now, it is time for Cyclos, a complete on-line banking system with additional modules such as e-commerce and communication tools.
It’s pretty easy, just follow the steps below:
1. Create an environment
1. Go to Jelastic.com and sign up if you haven’t done it yet or log in with your Jelastic credentials by clicking the Sign In link on the page.
2. While in Jelastic dashboard, click the Create environment button:
3. In the Environment topology window select Tomcat 6 as your application server. Pick MySQL as the database you want to use and then choose your environment name, for example, Cyclos, and click Create.
It will take just a minute for your environment to be created.
2. Upload a Java package
1. Navigate to the Cyclos web site and download the Basic installation package.
IMPORTANT: You need the Basic installation package – not something else.
2. Extract the files from zip package you have just downloaded and create a .WAR file from web folder contents (just put the contents of the Web folder to another zip archive file, for example cyclos.zip, and rename it to cyclos.war or any name with the .war extension).
3. Upload your Java package to the Deployment manager.
4. Once the package is in Jelastic
, deploy it to the environment you have just created.
3. Configure database
1. Click Open in browser button for MySQL.
2. When you created the environment, Jelastic
sent you an email with credentials to the database. Use these credentials to create a user account and the database with the application.
4. Configure Cyclos
1. Go back to the Jelastic dashboard click Config button for Tomcat and upload the MySQL connector to the lib folder.
2. Click Config button for Tomcat.
3. Open the Cyclos configuration file (home/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/cyclos.properties) and type the host URL .
cyclos.host.url = http://cyclos.jelastic.com/)
4. In the same file you will have to set the database configuration (database URL, username and password).
hibernate.connection.url = jdbc:mysql://mysql-cyclos.jelastic.com/cyclos
hibernate.connection.username = cyclos
hibernate.connection.password = cyclos
Don’t forget to save your changes and restart Tomcat!
5. Start Cyclos
Finally, you can launch Cyclos and use all of its functions!
The default credentials are admin/1234.
With the “One click” install option you can have a Cyclos instance up and running within minutes. Our application packaging gives you rapid and stable multitenancy. The process is simple. Just a few clicks and you are done. Navigate to our Solutions page, select Cyclos from the list of available apps and get it hosted in a minute, skipping the steps of manual installation. You can find more details about Jelastic App Packaging here.