Here's a step-by-step tutorial on how to deploy Confluence, content collaboration tool for teams to create, share, and discuss rich content – docs, files, ideas, specs, diagrams, mockups, anything, into Jelastic Java cloud.
So, let's get started!
1. Create an environment
1. Go to jelastic.com and sign up if you haven't done so yet, or log in with your Jelastic credentials by clicking the Sign In link on the page.
2. While in Jelastic dashboard, click the Create environment button at the top left:
Wait just a minute for your environment to be created.
2. Upload a Java package
1. Go to www.atlassian.com and download Confluence Cluster - EAR/ WAR (ZIP Archive).
2. Unzip the package you have just downloaded and create WAR file from the Confluence folder content (atlassian-confluence-4.1.9-war.zipconfluence-4.1.9confluence). Put the contents of the Confluence directory to the zip archive file, for example confluence.zip, and rename it to confluence.war or any name with the .war extension.
3. Upload your WAR file to any online file storage system that you want. Then upload it to the Deployment manager via URL.
At the moment, while we are still in beta, the file is too big for Jelastic’s Deployment manager.
4. Once the package is in Jelastic, deploy it to the environment you have just created.
3. Configure Confluence
1. Create a new folder in the Home directory.
2. Open confluence-init.properties file (webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties) and define the path to the folder you have just created.
More information about environment variables you can find here.
Don't forget to save the changes and restart Tomcat!
3. Start Confluence
1. Open your application in a web browser. In Confluence Setup Wizard enter the license key (you can generate an evaluation license online and then return to this page) and choose installation type.
2. Choose how Confluence should manage its users.
3. Configure your account.
That's all you have to do! You can start using Confluence now.